Wednesday 2 May 2012

Thirty Things About Me




1.       
I love my wife very much.
2.       
I love my son very much.
3.       
They love me, but I do wonder why.
4.       
Although I may have a reputation for working hard, I think I am lazy.
5.       
I believe that everyone should work hard, given the chance; and everyone should be given the chance.  The Labour Party, to which I belong, needs to recall its origins as the party of the worker, not the work-shy.
6.       
I hate noise.
7.       
I hate cooking smells
8.       
I hate the celebrity culture prevalent in the UK.
9.       
My regular rants are boring.
10.      
I read books about politics.
11.      
I read history books.
12.      
My boredom threshold is low when it comes to fictional films.
13.      
I enjoy listening to classical music.
14.      
I think children should be seen and not heard (and, preferably not be seen either).
15.      
I do not understand why almost every parent these days is useless at responsible parenting.  Take responsibility!
16.      
Although I have spent a career engaged in contention, I believe I am shy.
17.      
Very few other people believe that I am shy.
18.      
In the first 35 years of marriage, we have lived in 7 different places (6 houses and 1 apartment).
19.      
We are staying in our present house until the Great Reaper calls, but that is what we said before we last moved home.
20.      
I get upset if the house is untidy. 
21.      
I try to keep a tidy garden.
22.      
I wish I had felt more distress when my parents passed away.
23.      
I find it hard to hide my feelings: the look on my face gives them away.
24.      
I was never any good at ball games.
25.      
I am trying to avoid another heart attack after having one in November 2008.  I keep taking the tablets.
26.      
I miss eating cheese.
27.      
I like to have a pint of real beer with my chums.  Usually it is rather more than one.
28.      
I try to walk every day.
29.      
Wine is one of my interests.
30.      
I still do not understand the poems of Robert Browning.

No comments:

Post a Comment